Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Comply with Health, Safety, and Environmental state and federal regulations and adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Act safely and professionally and always wear appropriate attire including required PPE while in a production environment
- Ringing, sieving (including International Soils), crushing, splitting
- Loading and unloading drying ovens
- General cleaning duties for basic lab cleanliness.
- May assist with sample layout duties/tasks.
- Handling compositing, screen metallics, special handling requests, etc.
- Inspect equipment and inform the senior employees if an adjustment is required.
- Use correct methods by the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive
Education and Experience
- Entry-level! No experience is required, although 1+ years of prior lab/fire assay/sample prep experience is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Strong work ethic, personal and organizational skills
- Must be able to stand, walk and bend for long periods
- Able to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Being familiar with LIMS is a plus
- Manual dexterity to perform repetitive tasks.
- Prior forklifts experience an asset
- Be clean-shaven for proper fitting of Personal Protective Equipment (Respirator)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually high, so hearing protection is required for the position.
Always wear appropriate PPE while in the production environment. Be alert and observe, correct, and report any unsafe conditions. Follow operating procedures and comply with all regulatory requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Able to lift and carry lab equipment and samples safely in a lab environment. Bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, and reaching is required. Ability to lift more than 50 lbs.
About Paragon Geochemical Laboratories
The Paragon management team has over 100 years of combined experience working with industry decision-makers. We are looking for team members to continue the transition of delivering exceptional service to our customers.
Paragon is pleased to offer competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, and a comprehensive benefits program.
Interested candidates must possess or be able to obtain authorization to work in the United States.
Interested in this career opportunity? If so. Apply Here!